WALTER P MOORE
Infrastructure – Houston
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 550+ professionals working across 15 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.
We have an immediate opening for a self-motivated team player with the skills required to provide project accounting to support various groups within the company, where you can contribute to the group’s bottom-line success in this support role. In this Houston-based position, the Project Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
· Set-up and maintain project financial information for production groups within the company’s project financial management system.
· Process monthly billing.
· Assist project managers with analysis of project financial results.
· Responsible for processing of weekly timesheets, expense reports, and accounts payable.
· Review of project profitability and accounts receivable with project managers and Corporate Finance group.
· Responsible for maintaining accounts receivable including follow up with project managers and clients.
· Maintain contract files.
· Responsibility for financial reporting to Productions groups and other miscellaneous tasks as requested or required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
· 2-3 years’ experience in an accounting role
· Design/Engineering/Construction industry experience a plus
· Must be computer literate, including MS Office Suite, and hands-on experience with financial database(s) with BST Enterprise experience a plus
· TxDOT or Public Sector Client experience required
· Assertive personality with the ability to interface daily with Project Managers
· Strong client service attitude with ability to multi-task and accomplish multiple priorities as required
· Team player with ability to self-start and work independently when required
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
W Partnership is an architectural firm in the Galleria area of Houston looking for a bright, warm individual to join our administrative team. We are looking for someone who can not only perform clerical and administrative functions, but help drive our company towards success by being an integral part of our culture and family. This position is immediately available.
W Partnership offers a competitive package of benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Please send resumes to: email@example.com
- Greet and assist onsite guests and direct inbound telephone calls
- Draft proposals and other formal documents
- Track and maintain licensure for firm leadership
- Plan and schedule appointments, meetings and events, and manage the staff calendar
- Perform all other office tasks
- Preparation of marketing materials and website content management
- Assist Office Manager in Accounting/Payroll as needed
- Previous office experience in administration or other related fields
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
W Partnership, Inc. is a Houston-based architectural firm with a national reputation, boasting comprehensive knowledge in multi-family product, market factors and construction costs. W Partnership believes that collaboration between architect and other members of the development team breeds successful projects. For over three decades W Partnership has worked with nationally recognized developers, solving complex design issues and site problems with ease.
Initially formed in 1987, the firm has a 30-year legacy of delivering exceptional projects, in 28 states. W Partnership’s diverse expertise includes the planning and design of multi-family housing, mixed-use, student housing and senior living developments. Building types in the firm’s portfolio include low-rise garden style, mid-rise podium, wrap concepts, and high-rise construction. To date, W Partnership has designed over 400,000 residential units throughout the country.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
Coordinating meetings, vendor lunch and learns, parties, etc.
Assistance with coordinating renewal of service providers, insurance and healthcare coverage
Assist staff with renewal of professional licenses
Oversee MBE/DBE renewals and reciprocity applications
Oversee office repairs, maintenance and supplies
Oversee IT needs with outside consultant
Assist with onboarding process
Collect and disseminate applicant resumes and set up interviews
Process monthly employee and American Express entries into accounting system and attach receipts
Assist with simple invoices on a monthly basis
Collect W-9s and COI from subs
Assist with various other admin/HR/accounting tasks as needed